Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Strengths (Day 14 of 30)

Describe 5 strengths you have.


1.  Emotional.  I know what you're thinking - how is this a strength??  First, let me explain: when I say emotional, I do not mean hyper-sensitive, super intense, spilling my personal feelings all over anyone who comes near me.  I mean that I have a heightened sense of my own emotional well-being, which translates into being able to define and own my emotions - and DEAL with them.  Obviously, I'm not perfect.  There are things I haven't been able to handle yet.  But, in every day life, I am comfortable expressing my emotions and moving on.


2.  Forgiveness.  I can forgive almost anyone almost anything.  Sometimes, it takes a little longer than others.  But, in the end, I'll try to see where the other person was coming from and forgive them.  


3. Humor.  I can make fun of myself like no one else.  I can find the humor in nearly any situation.  It definitely balances things out for me in tough situations.


4. Honesty.  I rarely lie.  I won't say never, because we all lie from time to time.  But I really try to avoid it.  I was a serious liar as a kid - and I got caught about 50% of the time.  Now, a lie will make me feel sick to my stomach and sad and guilty as hell.  So, I just don't do it.  Besides, lying is exhausting.  Not only do you have to come up with a good, believable story but you have to remember all the details so as to never get caught.  


5. Love.  It's so very very cheesy, but I have a lot of love in me.  And I love so many people.  I'm not always the best friend or wife or mom, but I always try.  And I always let people know how much they mean to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment