Thursday, July 5, 2012

Forgiveness (Day 18 of 30)

What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?


Forgiveness has played a tremendous part in my life over the past couple of years.  I think the hardest thing to forgive is a broken heart.  I've had my heart broken by good people who meant no harm.  People who've simply made mistakes.  As we all do.  The hardest part for me is to know how very wrong I was about our relationship, about their feelings toward me.  In the past couple of years, I've forgiven heartbreak that was so far in my past, I'd believed myself to have moved past it; and more recent hurt, as well.  I'll never say I was innocent of any part in the issue.  I'm not that egotistical.  I made my own mistakes.  But I've learned that forgiveness is definitely for me and not for the other person.  Saying I've forgiven someone doesn't necessarily mean I've forgotten or I'll allow that person to remain in my life.  Especially if he/she is toxic to my life.  Forgiveness simply means I am ready to let go of the negativity, realize we all make mistakes, and move on with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment