Friday, July 13, 2012

A/C Update


Service Masters began "fixing" the unit back in early May.  In the beginning, they'd call and ask if I was available during a 4 hour window for them to come out.  And show up after the 4 hour window.  They progressed to just showing up whenever and not even calling.  I get that I'm a stay at home mom, but that doesn't meant I literally stay at home all the time.  If I wasn't here, I'd get a snotty, "Well, we came by but you weren't here."  Really??  Try calling me.  You have my number.  And my husband's.

They replaced the same motor twice.  A fan blade another time.  A thingamabob and a whatchamajig.

Don't get my wrong - I'm very grateful that we finally had air during the day.  But the nights were about to start getting hot.

On Friday, they came out, replaced yet another part, zip tied the hose to another pipe to keep it from kinking, and said it was fixed.  The zip ties actually made the hose kink more and the air cut out that night and again at 8 p.m. on Saturday.  We called them Saturday and again Monday.  I also called the warranty company Monday.
Yesterday, Wayne called again.  The warranty company called Service Masters to find out what was going on.  They said, "We've exhausted all possibilities.  Go ahead and call someone else."  (That's almost a direct quote from the warranty company... I'm sure it wasn't originally put in those words.)

SERIOUSLY?!?!

I feel like we've wasted the last 2 1/2 months.  Thank GOD we have only had to pay for the original $55 service fee.  And that our warranty company is doing it's job.

A new guy from a new company came out today.  There's another part that he has to replace.  (Maybe the original issue all along??)  But, of course, he has to order it.  In the meantime, he says, "Keep your air at 77 and see if that will keep it from freezing up...  Okay, 75 but if that doesn't work, then 77."  He also told me that "these houses really can't be cooled lower than 72 because they're not insulated correctly."

My point - it's been cooling the house to 74 during the day and 69 at night for the past 4 years.  Suddenly, my insulation is wrong??

Thirty minutes ago, it quit working.  I'm trying really hard not to be angry and frustrated because it's out of my hands.  What really bothers me is when these guys come in and talk to me like I'M the one responsible for it breaking.  I'm sorry - I have NO idea how it works, so when you think it's been installed incorrectly, please don't lecture me about it.  I didn't install it.

No comments:

Post a Comment