Saturday, July 7, 2012

Childhood memories (Day 20 of 30)

Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.


1. One of my earliest memories is my dad applying medicine to my chin.  He was very gentle and very sweet.  I was only 4 and had gotten into the razors.  Apparently, I wanted to shave my chin like my dad did.  


2. I vaguely remember my mom and dad fighting in the kitchen while my sister and I stood in the doorway.  


3. I was a willful child and did things I wasn't supposed to when I disagreed with the reasoning behind the rule. And yes, it was the same thing over and over.  I think I was in 5th or 6th grade when my dad not only grounded me for my latest bout of rule-breaking, but assigned 500 sentences, 3 lines each.  Those weren't done well, so I had to redo them.  And of that set, 250 were unacceptable.  So, I sat down to re-write them.  By the time I was done, I'd written 1250 sentences.  

No comments:

Post a Comment