Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Passions (Day 8 of 30)

What are 5 passions you have?


There aren't many things I'm passionate about these days.  I seem to have lost my edge!  (And wow - these questions are kind of like therapy!)  Perhaps it's because I got tired of fighting for the things I was passionate about; because I am tired of it not mattering to others...


1.  My son.  The amazing, hilarious, brilliant Jackalope.  I am, of course, passionate about him.  My eyes tear upon hearing praise for him from strangers.  He owns my heart.  Or at least half of it...


2. My husband, of course.  I am passionate about being a good wife to him - loving him, being his biggest fan, being everything he needs and wants me to be, and helping him to be the best he can be.  


3. My extended family - my sisters, my brother, my sisters-in-law, my beautiful little nieces, and, of course, my parents.  


4.  My friends.  I love my friends and want to do everything I can to help them in their life journeys.  I'm learning that doesn't mean I can always fix things or should do everything.  


5. Equality.  One of the biggest things that upsets me is inequality, of any kind.  I don't care what your excuses are.  "I was raised that way."  "I think it's wrong."  "My religious/non-religious beliefs..."  Whatever.  Shut up.  Everyone should be allowed to live their lives in in peace.  Who are you to tell someone it's wrong?  Who are you to use hurtful words or judge someone based on their skin color, race, religion or sexual identity?  Who are you to so obnoxiously force your opinions on us all?  None of us are any better than the other.  We're all just flawed people trying to live our lives and be our best selves.  

No comments:

Post a Comment