Thursday, June 7, 2012

Fears (Day 2 of 30)

Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.


1.  One of my biggest fears right now is losing someone I love.  Obviously, that fear became more pronounced after my 16 year old sister died of an overdose.  But it's to the point that I can't let anyone be mad at me...  For example, yesterday, Wayne and I had a very little tiff.  Just a normal, overtired, stressed, married couple kind of bickering.  But when he went to leave for work, I cried because I had to make it right... just in case.  


2.  I fear trusting the wrong person.  I've done it too often in the past, and gotten hurt.  So now, if I feel someone is breaking my trust, I become anxious.  And if I have to trust someone (ie leaving Jack with a babysitter), I have anxiety.  


3.  I fear financial failure.  This has to come from a multitude of things.  I've come close and been saved by the grace of God.  I've seen family members go through it.  And, most importantly, I'd feel I was letting my husband down.  While he's working and going to school, one of my jobs is to handle the bills and the finances.  We're both spenders by nature, so it's a tough job.  As soon as I think I have a handle on things, and we can start truly saving and planning for the future, something comes up.  Always.  We need to get the air conditioner fixed.  We need to replace the original 1959 windows on the house.  Medical expenses.  Holiday expenses.  Whatever.  I am truly, truly thankful we've always seemed to figure it out, but I live in fear of the day we no longer can.  


Well... that was a downer on a Thursday morning.  Ha!  Now, I've got two puppies recovering from spay surgery, a boy who needs delivered to VBS, and an ever-growing pile of junk to organize into a yard sale!  Hope everyone has a great day!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment