Wednesday, June 6, 2012

20 Random Facts (Day 1 of 30)

List 20 random facts about yourself

I'll start by saying I generally run out of things by #5, but I'll give it my best.  Also, I'm just going to post whatever pops into my head...

1. I'm short.  There are a lot of shorties out there but for some reason, my shortness seems to be a point of interest for a lot of people.  (Maybe it's because I hang out with tall people?)  I'm 5' 3/4".  Hahahaha!!

2. I love Ace Perry Hard Cider.  But I just found out it's NOT actually made with any pears!  Only apples!  False advertising with the sweet little pears on the label?  Maybe.  But I don't care.  I love it.

3. I was 16 when I had my first "real" boyfriend.

4.  My first "real" kiss was due to a game of Truth or Dare.    And I cried when I was truly kissed for the first time, at age 17.

5.  I have loved boys since I was 7 years old.  Honestly.  Never went through that "boys are icky" stage.

6.  As a teenager, I wanted to be a kindergarten teacher.

7.  I watch WAY too much television.  But, on vacation, I never miss it.  So...

8.  When our contract with Dish is up in October, we're saying bye-bye to satellite and just using Netflix and Hulu when we want to watch something.

9.  Real Housewives (on Bravo) may be over the top but are relatable in their emotions, problems with friends and family, and day to day drama.  Ours is on a much smaller scale, but it's there.  That's why the shows are so popular!

10.  I am 5 years older than my husband... but he looks 5 years older than me!

11.  I want to have another child.  And I'm really hoping for a girl.  ;)

12.  Most of the time, I don't want to go back to work.  Being a mom and a wife IS my full time job now.

13.  I got a sewing machine for Christmas that I have yet to take out of the box.  (And I begged for it.)

14.  I don't actually hate cleaning.  I hate the monotony of cleaning.  It's fine if I have someone here to talk to while I do it!

15.  I'm finding this easier than I thought I would!

16.  I have been a smoker for 21 years.  But I quit when I was pregnant with my son and I quit again just 3 weeks ago.

17.  All of my jobs have been in the financial field, yet I hate doing math.

18.  I'd love to write a book, but whenever I start, I get distracted and can't finish.

19.  I tell everyone I want to move back to Texas.  And I do.  But I also wouldn't mind living on the East coast, on the beach, or up North.  Basically, anywhere but the desert.

20.  I am working hard on being me all the time; on not holding parts of me back out of fear; and on overcoming my insecurities.

Whew!  That was a lot easier than I thought it'd be!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment