Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Dream job (Day 7 of 30)

What is your dream job, and why?


Oh, my!!  This is a question I have pondered again and again!  Throughout my life, I've had so many different dreams.  As a child, I wanted to be a teacher or a mom.  In my teens, I went through a fame stage that I fed through Drama classes and clubs; a life on stage is what I wanted.  In my junior and senior years, I decided on teaching.  I loved little kids.  Until I worked in daycare my first year of college.  Haha!  
When I was 20, I worked at a resort in Panama City Beach, as a front desk clerk, and talked to the event planner there.  Maybe that experience planted a seed that I didn't realize was there.  For the next several years, I worked for various companies but always in the finance or accounting departments.  (While I always got good grades in Honors math classes, I got my credits out of the way ASAP.  I hated math!)  Eventually, I decided I wanted to go into corporate event planning.  I loved being a part of the various morale boosting, informational, and other events within corporations.  The first step was a project coordinator (administrative assistant) position within my current accounting department.  I was so proud of myself for making the leap from accounting to admin.  I was talking to my mentor about getting a degree that would help me move forward, and about how to move up into corporate event planning.  
Then, we had baby Jack and moved to Arizona for Wayne's work.  Since then, I've had very little desire to work.  I've thought about party planning, but then I see how awesome other people are at it and realize I've got nothing on them.  I really believe I'm best suited to administrative roles - organizing, scheduling, helping people get what they need and want.  In the world of employment, the perfect job for me is administrative assistant.  My "dream" job would be heiress to a fortune.  Haha!  
In real life, my dream job is the one I have - keeping my family organized, scheduled and giving them what they need; my dream job is mom and wife.  

No comments:

Post a Comment