Monday, August 2, 2010

New job, baby making on hold, and insurance companies SUCK

Wayne got a new job!!! Woo hoo!!! The same day his current employer told him they couldn't retain him past September 15th (his birthday, btw), he accepted a new position with another company here in Sierra Vista. He won't be teaching anymore, but I think he'll really enjoy the new position. The upside is it's a raise. The downside is that if we opt to use their insurance, it's actually a decrease in pay from what we make now. Seriously. Their insurance is just that expensive.
So we decided to look into private insurance. Which we can get for around $400, as long as we don't want prenatal, postnatal or maternity coverage. Because that would be an additional $400. Grrrr. This prompted an all out freak out by me on Saturday - I'm nearly 34 years old. Jack is nearly 4. I wanted to have another one last year. Now we have to put it off indefinitely... which in my brain computed to never. Because I have it in my head at 35, I'll be done. I don't know if that's because I believe I won't medically be able to have more kids at that age, or because I think I'll be too old. Then there's the whole age difference thing with Jack and a sibling. I wanted him to be close to his brother or sister and don't know how close they can be if they're 6 or 7 years apart. I mean, my brother and I aren't really close - we love each other, sure - but we're nearly 7 years apart and never got close like my sisters and I did. (We're 18 months and 3 1/2 years apart.) I also think that the further away from baby stages we get with Jack, the less we want to go back to the land of sleep deprivation, breast feeding and constant diaper changes.
We've decided to wait, as of now. Because what else can we do? Never know what might change in the blink of an eye... obviously. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment