Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Aarrggghhhh

So... it's 11:11 p.m. Really. And I'm sitting in my living room, exhausted, alone, with no real desire to go to sleep. Why? Who the hell knows?!?! Do I have the kind of lifestyle that can support staying up late? Not so much. Do I have a shit-ton of things to do tomorrow? And the next day? And the next? Thereby, demanding that I get a minimum of 8 hours sleep? Why, yes! Yes, I fucking do. But can I sleep? Oh heeeeellllll no.
I go through these random stages of not sleeping. And it always seems to happen when I really could use the extra zz's. Like, when my house is so horribly messy that I couldn't POSSIBLY have anyone over, much less let the UPS or Domino's guy see inside. And do I do anything about the mess? Not really. I mean, today, I like TOTALLY cleaned out my fridge and it looks gorgeous. Well, as fridges go. But that was, hmmm, 16 hours ago? And since then I've done?? Oh yeah - one load of laundry because my shorts had been worn so many times, they were falling off of me. And Wayne had no pants to wear to work tomorrow. Oh yeah. I also cooked dinner and did the dishes after. Which sounds incredibly pathetic.
Now why haven't I cleaned up the mess or done the laundry or any of the other things I should have done? Because, damnit, I haven't slept in days. I mean, I've slept. I just haven't slept enough. And I don't do well on little to no sleep. I used to. Then I had a kid and got old. And it sucks.
So, on the list of things that I should have done by now and haven't:
  1. Made earrings for my mother
  2. Sent Rachael's birthday card/present to her (her birthday is Sunday and she lives in VA - soooo not gonna get there on time! Sorry, Rach!)
  3. Picked up all the randomness scattered about the house
  4. Folded the clean towels I washed... ummm... Monday?
  5. Changed the sheets on my bed
  6. Vacuumed
  7. Fixed my jeans with the super cute fabric I bought months ago
  8. Started writing my book (HA!)
  9. Filing
  10. Organizing
  11. Cleaning
  12. Exercise
  13. Found new health insurance
  14. Blah
  15. Blah
Just thought 15 would be a nice number. Anywho... Yeah. So, no sleep for me. I'm bored. And tired. Guess I'll go lay in bed and feel sorry for myself. Because this isn't helping - it's just making me disgusted with myself and probably bumming y'all out. (All 12 of you. Yay!)

1 comment:

  1. I bet ya i would be let in to the house haha
    But seriously you are just way to hard on yourself!
    Sleep...well i have seen you on a few hours sleep and that was before your calendar was filled everyday so i can't imagine how you are coping now.
    Take a little pressure off yourself...RELAX...Because even when your doing nothing you can't enjoy it... your worrying about what you haven't done.

    ReplyDelete