Friday, October 9, 2009

Fall Decor

I generally don't put anything out for fall. With our red couches, dark brown wood, and other warm colors, we didn't need to decorate. But we now have warm brown couches and a smoky blue chair that are going to totally have me scrambling to decorate for Christmas, much less fall holidays! Then my friend, a seasonal decorating FIEND, had some leftover pumpkins and scarecrows and such, so she brought them to me.


Inspired by that, and my across the street neighbor (whom I don't talk to anymore) hanging a cute fall orange wreath, I was on a mission to find a similar front door hanging - only better, of course!! I saw a very nice wreath at Safeway but it was on the smallish side and cost $20. My fiendish friend suggested I make my own. (HAHAHAHAHA!) But I figured by the time I bought all the things I'd want, I'd spend way more than if I were to just buy one. So, Walmart, here I come! I found this suuuuper cute brown wicker basket with fall flowers to hang on my door.

It's huge but you can definitely see it from the street - AND it's bigger and better than the one across the street. Petty? Sure. Mean? Not really. If I were mean, I'd go steal the damn thing and trash it. But that wouldn't even occur to me because I'm a sweet person.

I also bought some mini pumpkins from the grocery store to go in the silver bowl on my dining room table. (Wayne hates that bowl but that's a different story.)
With those, the scarecrows and pumpkins from my friend, and our door hanging, it's pretty darn fall-ish around here! I'm no Alyssa, but I like it!

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! The basket door hanging thing is awesome!! Wait why dont you talk to your neighbor anymore? Did I miss that story?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um... I'll have to post it in a blog, I guess. I've been avoiding it, in the hopes that things will improve. {sigh}

    ReplyDelete