Saturday, May 29, 2010

Husband Hunters aka WhoreFaces

Okay, I know I said my next blog would explain my panic re: possibly moving to my beloved, adopted homestate of Texas, but my internet scouring sister found this article and I just HAD to write about it (because what I have to say about it wouldn't fit into a FB post):

Beware the Husband Hunter

It's unfortunately, infuriatingly very very true. Since I've gotten married I've witnessed more than my fair share of women who scandalously, shamelessly chase after married men. And what the hell? I mean, I know it's rough out there for single girls. But it feels like something more, and something infinitely less scary, than these chicks (aka WhoreFaces) digging my cute, funny, smart husband. It seems... predatory and competitive. Like, "hey, guess what? I know he's happily married to you and y'all have this awesome kid and seem to get along really well and have fun, but watch this! I bet I can get him to flirt with me. To hug me. I wonder, really, just how far I can take this."
Why is that less scary, you ask? Because if they were truly in love with him and wanting him for healthy, sane reasons, that scares me more than some idiot bimbo drawing hearts on his paperwork or inappropriately hugging him at every turn. And seriously? Am I truly threatened by WhoreFace shouting she "hearts" him right in front of me, my bff and our children? Ummm. No. Because she's stupid. And one of the things my husband absolutely does NOT like is stupidity.
But aside from my own personal grievances with the sheer inappropriateness of her behavior (however stupid and pitiful), there's the bigger picture. What is wrong with women like this? Did their mothers not teach them it's inexcusable, not to mention downright disgusting, to poach another woman's husband? Has the term "home wrecker" taken on a new, cool meaning I'm unaware of? Like phat or sick?
I'm extremely lucky to be married to someone secure enough in himself to not be swayed by the pathetic attempts of these emotionally scarred girls. He sees through them - sometimes without even seeing them at all. So, though the behavior itself annoys and irritates me, I don't feel it necessary to confront the WhoreFaces. They are not worthy of my time or attention, and I certainly do NOT need to feed their pathetic bids for attention. I am offended by the inappropriateness of their behavior but mostly feel sorry for them. I hope they find a better, healthier way to boost their self-esteem.

1 comment: