Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day two of detox diet

Day two was yesterday and I was not so very good! I got super discouraged by my mouth's complete and utter rejection of Greek yogurt. Seriously - barely able to swallow the tiny bite I had! Maybe it's an acquired taste or something, but it'll take me a while to acquire it. I'm not much of a yogurt person to begin with - will only eat Yoplait strawberry banana flavor - so I don't know what the hell I was thinking. I was also discouraged by our lack luster Tuesday night meal - the salmon was good, but the veggies were sooooo blah. Generally I love grilled veggies but after I tried to eat them, I realized we usually put a little butter on them to enhance the flavor. LOL. I ended up hungry and ate more turkey chili.
Then, the ultimate test - one which should NOT be attempted the second day of going whole foods: macaroni and cheese. I had no bread in the house (in the hopes it would keep me honest) so I had nothing to feed Jack and his friend Gabriella! Except the emergency Kraft Mac n Cheese I keep in the pantry. After eating my not so great meal of egg white scramble (with pico de gallo), I couldn't resist the leftover mac n cheese... it was just there, in the pot, calling out to me. So I caved.
Last night, we had a pretty good stir-fry: chicken, peas and carrots, mushrooms, ginger, green onions, and basil with brown rice. But we had our friends stay for dinner, so the brown rice I'd made Tuesday wasn't enough. In an effort to save time, I made Jasmine rice. And last night? After Wayne and Jack went to bed? I ate some. With butter. And salt. So yummy but soooo wrong. Oh - and my Hanson's Diet Tangerine Lime. Which is made with natural ingredients but is still a no-no. LOL
This morning, though, I woke up and decided I should weigh myself - if it was good, I'd be motivated to get back on track. If it was bad, I'd be even MORE motivated. Win-win, right?! Holy whole foods, high fiber diet, Batman!! Was it ever a WIN!!! I've lost 4.8 lbs since Monday morning. And while I've not been chowing on super bad foods, I also haven't been strictly good, so I am SUPER SURPRISED. And elated and excited and so so so happy! (Not that you can tell.) So here I go on day three!! Turkey lettuce wrap for lunch and Spicy Napa slaw with shrimp for dinner. Yummm!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment