Monday, May 28, 2012

Clearing it all out!

A couple weeks ago (before the air conditioning broke and no one could seem to fix it for a whole week), Wayne was doing the dishes and I decided to go through the cabinets containing all our bar-ware.  Wine glasses, martini glasses, extra large pilsners, and even cordial glasses (which I still have no idea how to use).  Plus, our decent collection of liquor.  Given that we will indulge in an alcoholic beverage once per month on average, it seemed like overkill.  I ruthlessly purged the two large cabinets, and cleaned the shelves while I was at it.  It was an amaaazing feeling.  I moved on to the regular drinking glasses, mugs, and Jack's plastic cups and bowls.  I reorganized and cleaned four large cabinets in about an hour.  Which led to a tabletop full of glassware with no home.
As much as I hate finding a holding place for that, it's inspired me to go through each cabinet... and eventually each room!  I even got Wayne to cull out some DVD's we never watch.  The lack of A/C set me back a week, but I definitely want to finish this project and earn a little cash for my rainy day account with a yard sale. I am done with the clutter and not having enough space for our things.  And I'm so excited to see how much easier it will be to keep the house organized and clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment